The non-immigrant visa classification covers a broad range of visas used to enter the United States temporarily for work, pleasure or study. Some visas are considered “dual intent” (for example, H1B, L1, K1), which means that you may also intend to obtain U.S. permanent residence (a “green card”) when applying under that classification. Most non-immigrant visas, however, require you to demonstrate a non-immigrant intent. Therefore, you should be prepared to prove to the US Immigration Services that you have a permanent residence in your home country that you have no intention of abandoning.

The duration of time you may spend in the US can range from a few days to several years, depending on the visa category. In most situations, your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may accompany you to the US on a derivative visa.

At Stelmakh & Associates, we help our clients to obtain, extend or exchange their non-immigrant status. For more information on a specific non-immigrant visa category, click on the appropriate link below.

Student Visas

  • F-1 Students
  • M-1 Vocational/Technical Students

Visitor Visas

  • B-1 Business Visitors
  • B-2 Pleasure Visitors
  • E-1 Treaty Traders
  • E-2 Treaty Investors
  • J-1 Exchange Visitors
  • Q-1 International Cultural Exchange Program Participants
  • Visa Waiver Program Visitors

Work Visas

  • H-1B Professional Workers
  • H-2A Agricultural Workers
  • H-2B Skilled/Unskilled Worker Visa
  • H-3 Trainees
  • L-1 Intracompany Transferees
  • R-1 Religious Workers
  • TN Professionals
  • O-1 Foreign Nationals of Extraordinary Ability
  • O-2 Accompanying/Assisting O-1 Artists/Athletes
  • P-1 Athletes and Group Entertainers
  • P-2 Reciprocal Exchange Program Participants
  • P-3 Culturally Unique Program Participants

Other Visas