The EB-5 Regional Center Program is the most flexible in the world. The EB-5 Visa sets no requirements for age, business training and experience, or language skills. Additionally, those immigrants who have entered the U.S. on an EB-5 Visa are able to travel to and from their home country during the course of the conditional lawful permanent residency status. They can even maintain business and professional relations in their country of origin, as long as it is not under U.S. sanctions. Generally, as a permanent resident, the investor and his or her family are free to return to their homeland for visits or business purposes, as long as they do not intend to abandon their residence in the U.S.
The EB-5 Regional Center Program also allows investors a great deal of freedom because it does not require immigrant investors to manage their investment on a daily basis, but rather, to ‘actively engage’ in a business enterprise, meaning they can be limited partners and pursue other professional or personal ventures. Moreover, should the investor and his or her family elect to become U.S. citizens, the time spent as conditional permanent residents is credited towards the five year lawful permanent residency requirement for U.S. citizenship.
EB-5 Visa Benefits
- Direct route to permanent residency in the United States for Investor, his/her spouse, and any unmarried children under the age of 21
- Freedom for Investor and family to live, work, and retire anywhere in the United States
- Investor and his/her spouse and children may attend college or university at U.S. resident costs
- Investor and immediate family may travel to and from the United States without another visa
- Route to U.S. citizenship for Investor and immediate family after meeting the USCIS requirements
- Ability for Investor to sponsor Green Cards for family members
- Investor receives all benefits of U.S. permanent residency status, including ability to develop and run his/her own business
Reduced University Tuition
One of the main benefits of obtaining lawful permanent residency within the United States is that you and your immediate family will be able to attend any university in the United States and pay tuition fees the same as any United States resident, not as an international student. This would mean an average saving of over $85,000 per person enrolled in a university that is located within the state in which they reside. A family with four children enrolled into university that they reside in would save well over $300,000 in tuition fees depending on the university that their children are enroll in. Check the below chart for further details.